Savoy’s Jewellers was established in November of 1952 and has grown from a single employee storefront measuring 8′ x 10′ into two large thriving Sault Ste. Marie locations employing more than 23 staff members.
Founded by watchmaker John Anthoine and businessman Edmond Rosset, the name Savoy’s Jewellers was created in memory of a little region in France, called Savoie. With a meager beginning of four rings, 16 watches and $200.00 worth of jewellery Savoy’s Jewellers took root and gradually grew its clientele and business based on expert customer service, quality merchandise, hard work and integrity. Family owned and operated management has held strong to the belief that excellent customer care is the basis to its business. A progressive attitude has kept the business current and growing with the times, relocating the Station Mall location, remodeling and always learning. Having had the business handed down to them from their father Edmond, Richard and Rodger Rosset of Edmond are also training their sons to one day run the company; Richard’s son Nicholas and Rodger’s son Ryan are both goldsmiths and gemologists following in the footsteps of their fathers. Savoy’s Jewellers continues to grow and remain committed to the city, the people and its roots in Sault Ste. Marie.
Richard and Rodger Rosset, owners and operators of Savoy’s Jewellers take pride in a staff of 23 employees, many of which have been with the company over 25 to 40 years and counting. It is very important to management that staff members feel accomplished and appreciated, therefore management has motivated and enabled staff members to grow, assisting in developing skills in appraisals, salesmanship, product knowledge and the jewellery repair and design industry. Many employees are trained professionals in the field of their choice. Sault Ste. Marie and surrounding areas look to Savoy’s Jewellers with trust and familiarity in a comfortable, no pressure atmosphere, while being served by non-commission, courteous, friendly staff members.